Find Your Monologue in the Categories Below!
If you’re like most actors, then it’s probably safe to say you’ve done the ‘crazy monologue scramble’ more than a couple of times. You have an audition and find out you need a monologue, so you desperately start to search the internet and find a handful, but not one that really fits you. Well, we’re here to help! We have a huge database that’ll help you find the perfect monologue. And, we’re adding more and more entries every week!
Tips on Finding a Monologues for Auditions:
- Choose one that’s right for you. Something that is age and gender appropriate. A piece that fits your “type” as an actor.
- Keep it short! In most auditions, you’ll only be performing for 1 or 2 minutes. A short monologue is always best!
- Pick something in the moment. Look for a piece where the character wants something from the other actor. Where you have an objective and where something is happening at that very moment.
- Choose one that has an arc. Find a piece that has a clear beginning, middle and end. Tell a story and don’t bore your audience!
- Funny is best! When in doubt, always try and find something with humor in it. It doesn’t have to be a flat-out comedy, but something where you can make someone smile, even in a dramatic piece is always recommended.
- If you can, always read the full play or script! In most cases, I’ve added links to the full screenplay (if it’s from a movie) or Amazon where you can purchase the play. If it’s a well-known play, you can even try and find it at your local library. Libraries are a great resource for finding plays.