Find a Great Headshot Photographer in NYC!
Headshot photographers in New York City are like actors – there’s a lot of them. Some are great, some are middle of the road and some are absolutely terrible.
But, we here at Daily Actor are here to help! We’ve compiled a list of some of the best headshot photographers in NYC and when we could, feature a brief statement about their work (taken directly from their website).
Here are some quick tips to remember when choosing a photographer:
- Find someone you’re comfortable with. If you aren’t able to meet the photographer in person, at the very least, have some kind of phone conversation with them. Don’t meet or talk with them for the first time the day of your shoot. To get the best headshot, you’ve absolutely be comfortable with your photographer.
- Look carefully at their website and portfolio. You can get a lot from the look and feel of someone’s website. If the website looks thrown together and not well-made, that’s a tell. Also, if you see headshots in their portfolio that you don’t like, that’s also a tell. FYI, we’ve made sure not to include any photographers like that in our list. We just want to help you out in case you find someone not listed here.
- Pricing. Always look at the pricing options. “It costs how much for 2 prints and re-touching??” I’ve had friends that have had that happen to. Don’t be that friend!
And don’t forget to always ask questions like:
- How many changes of clothes do I bring?
- How much for hair and make-up? And guys, if you’re asked if you want hair and make-up, the answer is always ‘Yes.’ Trust me on this.
- How many shots will they take? And how many shots do I get to process?
- How much is retouching?
With that said, check out our list below!
The Best Headshots in NYC
“I want each photo to intrigue the viewer and evoke something of both your own character and of the characters you’re interested in portraying, to feel personal.”
“Every client that walks into my studio is unique, and I believe your headshot should be unique as well.”
“If you are feeling great and having fun, it’s going to show through in every photo!”
“Your headshot doesn’t just represent you visually, it represents you professionally, artistically, and energetically.”