Find a Great Headshot Photographer in Los Angeles!
We here at Daily Actor have compiled a list of some of the best headshot photographers in L.A. because we know that finding the right photographer can, at times, be a huge task. We want the best headshot we can get, we want to shoot with the best or hottest photographer around while at the same time, not spending the money we need for next months rent. We’ve shot in photographers backyards and living rooms, on the side of streets and intersections and (the much preferred) studio all in search of that perfect headshot.
Every actor is different, just like the photographers below. But, they are the best in town – just like I assume you are!
You’ll see below, that when we could, we feature a brief statement about their work (taken directly from their website) along with a link to their website and portfolio.
Here are some quick tips to remember when choosing a photographer:
- Find a photographer you’ll be comfortable shooting with. We’re all busy, so if you can’t meet the photographer in person, at the very least, talk with them on the phone. We don’t recommend meeting with them for the first time on the day of your shoot. To get the best headshot, you’ve absolutely be comfortable with your photographer!
- Look carefully at their website and portfolio. You can get a lot from the look and feel of someone’s website. If the website looks thrown together and not well-made, that’s a tell. Also, if you see headshots in their portfolio that you don’t like, that’s also a tell. FYI, we’ve made sure not to include any photographers like that in our list. We just want to help you out in case you find someone not listed here.
- Pricing. Always look at the pricing options. “It costs how much for 2 prints and re-touching??” I’ve had friends that have had that happen to. Don’t be that friend!
And don’t forget to always ask questions like:
- How many changes of clothes do I bring?
- How much for hair and make-up? And guys, if you’re asked if you want hair and make-up, the answer is always ‘Yes.’ Trust me on this.
- How many shots will they take? And how many shots do I get to process?
- How much is retouching?
With that said, check out our list below!
The Best Headshot Photographers in Los Angeles
“Anthony enjoys working collaboratively with his subjects and offers direction according to the preference of the individual.”
“Our mission is to get you noticed so you can book the roles you want. And we love watching our clients succeed.”
“My headshot sessions are tailored to the specific needs of my clients centered around the most important thing ….. providing a comfortable environment.“
“Most people pose for the camera. I get them to stop posing.”
Whatever you want to communicate, Kevyn can capture it with authenticity- ensuring your professional success.
“She talks. She listens. She pulls you out of yourself. She is waiting for a moment, not a ‘look.'”
More important than anything, is how engaging, marketable and relatable an actor comes across in their headshot.
“In a world where everyone is trying to “be like” so-and-so or “look like” such-and-such… I believe the truest way to stand out is to be completely, and uniquely YOU.”
“I’m after images that show you full of life, not vacant stares. If you don’t like to pose for the camera, you’ve definitely found the right photographer!”