Chyler Leigh on Why She Left ‘Grey’s Anatomy’
Chyler Leigh has finally spoken out about leaving her role as Lexie Grey on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy. She hadn’t reacted publicly to the season 8 finale two weeks ago that killed off her character but per TVLine.com, Leigh has now given a statement regarding the decision.
Leigh, who joined the cast at the end of season three, said, “Earlier this year, I made the decision that season eight would be my last on Grey’s Anatomy. I met with Shonda [Rhimes, series creator] and we worked together to give Lexie’s story appropriate closure. I am very lucky to have worked with this amazing cast and crew for five seasons. My experience on Grey’s Anatomy is something that I will treasure for the rest of my life.”
“I want to take this time to say thank you to the fans,” she went on to say. “Your unconditional love and support have made these last five years very special for me. I look forward to my next chapter and I hope you will continue to follow me on my journey.
- Ewan McGregor on Playing Two Roles on ‘Fargo’: “The challenging part is making sure they’re both unique people”
"I felt like I understood them from the writing and I don't make the job very complicated for myself as…
- Sterling K. Brown on Becoming an Actor: “You get bit, and you just keep chasing that”
"I was used to being 'that dude from that show, who got shot in that episode'" - Sterling K. Brown
- Stanley Tucci on Film Actors Doing Television Roles and Finding Jack Warner
"You’re a film actor, you’re a TV actor. To me, you’re an actor. Just act." - Stanley Tucci
- Mackenzie Davis on Breakthrough ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ Role: “It was one of my very first jobs. I was so nervous”
"When I started this job, I remembered looking up “how actors prepare for parts” because I just didn’t know!" -…
- Why Giovanni Ribisi Never Intended to Do a Show Like ‘Sneaky Pete’ and When He Finally Decided to “Chase Being an Actor”
"A friend of mine introduced me to the Actors Studio and Marlon Brando and Robert De Niro and Gary Oldman.…