Find a great headshot photographer in Los Angeles!
We here at Daily Actor have compiled a list of some of the best headshot photographers in L.A. because we know that finding the right photographer can, at times, be a huge task. We want the best headshot we can get, we want to shoot with the best or hottest photographer around while at the same time, not spending the money we need for next months rent. We’ve shot in photographers backyards and living rooms, on the side of streets and intersections and (the much preferred) studio all in search of that perfect headshot.
Every actor is different, just like the photographers below. But, they are the best in town – just like I assume you are!
You’ll see below, that when we could, we feature a brief statement about their work (taken directly from their website) along with a link to their website and portfolio.
Here are some quick tips to remember when choosing a photographer:
- Find a photographer you’ll be comfortable shooting with. We’re all busy, so if you can’t meet the photographer in person, at the very least, talk with them on the phone. We don’t recommend meeting with them for the first time on the day of your shoot. To get the best headshot, you’ve absolutely be comfortable with your photographer!
- Look carefully at their website and portfolio. You can get a lot from the look and feel of someone’s website. If the website looks thrown together and not well-made, that’s a tell. Also, if you see headshots in their portfolio that you don’t like, that’s also a tell. FYI, we’ve made sure not to include any photographers like that in our list. We just want to help you out in case you find someone not listed here.
- Pricing. Always look at the pricing options. “It costs how much for 2 prints and re-touching??” I’ve had friends that have had that happen to. Don’t be that friend!
And don’t forget to always ask questions like:
- How many changes of clothes do I bring?
- How much for hair and make-up? And guys, if you’re asked if you want hair and make-up, the answer is always ‘Yes.’ Trust me on this.
- How many shots will they take? And how many shots do I get to process?
- How much is retouching?
And always remember, if you have any questions, need help or a recommendation, contact us. Lance has been to most of these photographers and is always happy to help!
With that said, check out our list below! (Updated 4/26/16)
The Best Headshot Photographers in Los Angeles
“I have a passion to help my clients succeed. My passion stems from many years working in the business as an actor when I couldn’t a great headshot or right marketing advice to help me with my career.”
Are you a photographer? Contact Us