San Diego’s GI Film Festival, the first film festival to focus solely on the military, is in full swing with events happening in Coronado, Mission Valley and even the U.S.S. Midway.
Among some of the events (listed below), this Saturday the festival will feature something incredibly unique – a career fair for veterans. Those who attend the event at Liberty Station in Point Loma will be able to talk with industry professionals about working in the entertainment industry. They’ll also get tips on how to apply their military training into jobs in the entertainment field. There will also be workshops and over 20 businesses and organizations in education, media, technology and the entertainment industry attending. I’ve been to dozens of film festivals and I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s definitely a terrific opportunity! And the best thing? Free admission!
Check out some of the other upcoming events:
- Oct. 15 – Screenings and Q&A with filmmakers in Coronado
- Oct. 16 – Family Movie Night on the U.S.S. Midway (GREAT VISUALS!)
- Oct. 17 – Entertainment Career Fair at Barracks 17 at NTC Liberty Station in Point Loma (MORNING)
- Oct. 17 – Screenings in Mission Valley (EVENING) — Triumphs & Tragedies series
- Oct. 18 – Screenings in Mission Valley (Begins at 12 noon) — Women in Military series; Reality vs. Fiction series; Local Film Showcase series
- Oct. 18 – Closing Night Celebration and Awards Night (Begins at 6 p.m.)
For more information, be sure to check out GIFilmFestival.org