Watch Tom Hiddleston Do a Monologue From Shakespeare’s ‘Henry V’ and Be Jealous of How Good He Is

• Pin It

Tom-Hiddleston-Performs-'Henry-V'-MonologueGreat. I already have enough man-crushes that my girlfriend may start questioning me.

After watching Tom Hiddleston perform this speech from Henry V though, I have to add another one to my list.

Hiddleston, who is tearing it up as Loki in The Avengers, recently appeared on the talk show Hoppus on Music to plug the film. When the host asked him to perform a monologue from Shakespeare’s Henry V, which he just wrapped, he jumped up, got in front of a camera and went to town.

“Once more under the breach, dear friends….”

Check it out below!

1. Goldie Chan via Facebook

May 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I like how he is basically laughing through the whole speech :)

2. Sonny Wasinger via Facebook

May 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Great job!

May 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Goldie Chan, I know – he just riffs it and I love everything about it. IF I did it, I’d probably destroy it. And not the good destroy :)

4. Goldie Chan via Facebook

May 10, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Daily Actor – I think I would build a speaking stand out of sofas first, and then ask if I can have a skull and a cane and maybe some fake blood. And a British accent.

5. Dan Franko via Facebook

May 10, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Awesome.

May 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm

It’s the accent, Goldie Chan, it’s always the accent.

7. Joe Charles Cabrera via Facebook

May 10, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Meh.

8. Trey Merritt via Facebook

May 10, 2012 at 6:21 pm

He’s good in Wallander

Watch: Al Pacino Talks ‘The Humbling’ and His Extraordinary Career
In this conversation with Al Pacino talks about his role in The Humbling -- including working with Greta Gerwig -- and his historic acting career
Watch: Oscar Nominee Steve Carell Talks Improv, Auditioning for ‘The Office’ and ‘Foxcatcher’
Carell talks about his entire career as an actor, including his background in improv, how he landed the Michael Scott role on The Office, and Foxcatcher
Ethan Hawke Calls ‘Boyhood’ the “most special endeavor of my life”
Ethan Hawke is riding high with his fourth Oscar nomination for the Richard Linklater-directed Boyhood. In a recent “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit, the 44-year-old actor gave some thoughtful insight into his career and the 12-year creative endeavor that became the biggest film of the Oscar season. When asked what was the most difficult thing about […]
Martha Plimpton Takes a Refreshing Approach to a Long-Lasting Career
Martha Plimpton is an actress who enjoys the work, she’s not in it for the fame. The proof is in her continually excellent work that she is doing on-screen and on the stage. She’s currently starring in A Delicate Balance on Broadway. It’s the audience who gives her the ultimate thrill. “I try to get […]
Watch: Michael Keaton Talks Candidly About His Career and His Approach to Acting in ‘Birdman’
In this nearly 90 minute conversation, Michael Keaton is his usual affable self but is also remarkably candid about his career and his approach to acting.