Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:00 AM – 2:30 PM (Pacific Time)
Want to work more? If you’re an actor in LA and the answer is yes, this seminar is for you.
Everybody has talent. But not everybody works. The working actor is the marketing actor; the actor who understands their brand and aggressively markets it online.
That’s what publicists are for.
But until you can afford a publicist you have to learn to be your own.
There’s no need to reinvent the wheel; actors share tips on-set all the time. So think of this seminar as a giant set with a LOT of tips.
Actor Bill Oberst Jr. created Be Your Own Publicist after his own trial by fire. Bill came from the east coast a successful stage actor known for his versatility. He nearly starved until he figured out that he had to reinvent himself. And he had to do it on a budget. In 3 years with nothing but a laptop and a laser focus, Bill has racked up 50 IMDb credits; raised his Starmeter rank to 3,801; acquired 1,000 Twitter followers and created a strong online brand that keeps him working. He’ll share what he’s learned.
NOTE: Bill’s seminar includes some geeky html tips, so bring a pen & paper to take notes.
Together we’ll cover:
- How to get more interviews
- How to get stories on the blogs
- How to improve your IMDb ranking
- How to turbocharge your tweets and posts
- How to develop your brand and how to sell it
- How to get the maximum publicity possible for your projects
- How to manipulate your search results on Google and Google Image
- and many, many other hard-learned tricks of the trade that cost an actor nothing but effort.
Be Your Own Publicist is by working actors for working actors. We all want to blow up. No seminar can make that happen, but Be Your Own Publicist is chock full of practical and powerful information that you can use IMMEDIATELY to help you book more. And as all we all know, work begats work.
See you there!
Beverly Garland Hotel
4222 Vineland Avenue
Hollywood, California 91602