NYC Actors: Interested in the LA Market? This workshop is for you!
Date: Monday, Feb 21st
Location: The Network, 242 West 36th Street 3rd Floor
$20 online /$30 at the door
NY, meet LA…LA, meet NY. Shed the myths about LA and get fully prepared for the LA market in all aspects of being savvy!
Taught by bicoastal actor, Savvy client and current star of The York Theatre’s Road to Qatar, Keith Gerchak has created an in-depth practical guide for NY actors interested in a career in LA.
Come and learn it all:
- The Planning Stages – All You Need to Consider from Scouting to Housing to Car
- Who to study with and where to go – Improv to Theatre (yes there is theater in LA) to Commercials and TV/Film
- Creating Your Network – From Essential websites to Casting director workshops to Networking and educational events
- Marketing – Differences in both markets plus Resume format, Reel, and everything in between
- Auditions – Mailings to Drop Offs to Submissions Online… and where to find them!
- LA Secrets & Resources – Free live tapings, Hangouts and other cool tidbits it takes actors years to figure out!
Whether you’re committed to moving to the west coast or just toying with the thought, this seminar is a MUST to help make your transition or decision easier.
A professional stage and film actor (SAG, AEA, AFTRA), Keith is a working TV, film, stage, and commercial character actor. Keith moved to NYC in late 2003, and has performed in over 50 roles that have ranged from Motel the tailor opposite Paul Sorvino on stage in “Fiddler on the Roof” to southern good ol’ boy Orville Hamner in the Zac Efron feature film “The Derby Stallion.” Prior to moving to NYC, he was a co-founding member of a small resident professional theatre company at Playhouse Square in Cleveland. He now lives in LA, where he works in TV, film, and commercials. Acting resume and film reel can be found at www.KeithGerchak.com.